How to choose the perfect route for you
Every year thousands of pilgrims visits Santiago, people from different countries, cultures, ages and neccesities. We know every pilgrim looks for a different experience, and here in Living the Camino we offer you more than 30 different options and routes to walk The Camino. So, with so many options, how can you be sure you are choosing the route that adapts the most to what you need and expect? Keep reading and discover which route fits to you.
- You are looking for a social trip. You are one of those pilgrims who feels the need to connect with others, to meet new people, or maybe, is your first time and you do not want to walk alone. Then, the most popular route, The French Way is perfect for you.
- You don't have much time. Good thing is that you don't need to complete a whole route to get the Compostelana, just 100 km if you are walking (200 if you are cycling), so you can choose some of the routes we offer that are about a week or less, we can even organise a personalise trip depending in how much do you want to walk and how much time you have. But we always recommend to do the last 100 km of the French Way, Sarria to Santiago.
- You have already done the French Way. We also offer you other routes like the Portuguese Way, Silver Way, Northern Way, English Way, Fisterre Route...
- You want to cycle your way. We have good news for you, because all the routes are prepared to be cycled too! We recommend only to adventure in El Camino by bike if you are already familiar with cycling.
- You want a challenge. Some sections of the Northern Route (San Sebastian-Bilbao) or the Primitive Way can be more challenging than other routes as they pass through mountains, or are longer sections than other
- You love the sea. Walking next to the sea is one of the most beautiful ways to do your pilgrimage, feel the sea breeze, enjoy the sunsets on the beach... The Portuguese Coastal Way, The English Way or the Fisterre and Muxia Routes, will show you the wonders of the sea lanscape and the city of Santiago.
As you see, you have many options to find your perfect route! Do not hesitate in contact us for any type of information you need.
Call directly:+353 1 69 942 18 (IE)+44 2 080 891 498 (GB)+34 634 867 300